Installation failure at PYTHONHTTPSVERIFY=0 buildout

I’m following the steps to nearly to the letter from https://www.senaite.com/docs/installation.html in regards to the installation, the only variations I have done is performed a apt update + upgrade before starting and gave sudo permissions to the senaite user. Otherwise, this is a fresh install in a Ubuntu 18 LTS VM.

During the PYTHONHTTPSVERIFY=0 buildout step, I get the error that is Plone 5.2.9 is not allowed per the line Requirement of senaite.lims: Plone==5.2.9 in the log (full log below).

My question is, what should I change in the workflow of the instructions to make this work?

Should I start with a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 instance and simply install Plone 5.2.9 instead, or should I upgrade my Plone installation to 5.2.9 (if so, please share instructions on how) ?

(senaite) senaite@Senaite:~/senaitelims$ PYTHONHTTPSVERIFY=0 buildout
Installing instance.
Version and requirements information containing plone:
  [versions] constraint on plone: 4.3.19
  Base installation request: 'Plone', 'Pillow', 'senaite.lims', 'simplejson', 'plone.recipe.zope2instance'
  Requirement of plone.recipe.zope2instance==4.4.1: ZODB3>=3.9
  Requirement of plone.recipe.zope2instance==4.4.1: Zope2>=2.12.1
  Requirement of plone.recipe.zope2instance==4.4.1: zc.recipe.egg
  Requirement of plone.recipe.zope2instance==4.4.1: mailinglogger
  Requirement of plone.recipe.zope2instance==4.4.1: setuptools
  Requirement of plone.recipe.zope2instance==4.4.1: zc.buildout
  Requirement of senaite.lims: Plone==5.2.9
  Requirement of Plone==4.3.19: wicked
  Requirement of Plone==4.3.19: plone.app.theming
  Requirement of Plone==4.3.19: plone.app.openid
  Requirement of Plone==4.3.19: plone.app.iterate
  Requirement of Plone==4.3.19: plone.app.dexterity
  Requirement of Plone==4.3.19: plone.app.caching
  Requirement of Plone==4.3.19: Products.CMFPlone
  Requirement of Plone==4.3.19: Products.CMFPlacefulWorkflow
  Requirement of Plone==4.3.19: setuptools
  Requirement of senaite.core==2.3.0: plone.app.jquerytools
  Requirement of senaite.core==2.3.0: plone.subrequest
  Requirement of senaite.core==2.3.0: plone.resource
  Requirement of senaite.core==2.3.0: plone.jsonapi.core
  Requirement of senaite.core==2.3.0: plone.app.z3cform
  Requirement of senaite.core==2.3.0: plone.app.relationfield
  Requirement of senaite.core==2.3.0: plone.app.referenceablebehavior
  Requirement of senaite.core==2.3.0: plone.app.iterate
  Requirement of senaite.core==2.3.0: plone.app.dexterity
  Requirement of senaite.core==2.3.0: plone.api
While:
  Installing instance.
Error: The requirement ('Plone==5.2.9') is not allowed by your [versions] constraint (4.3.19)

The error message you provided indicates that there is a conflict between the version of Plone that is required by Senaite (Plone==5.2.9) and the version of Plone that is specified in the [versions] constraint in your buildout configuration (Plone==4.3.19). This conflict is preventing the buildout process from completing successfully.

To resolve this issue, you will need to either update the version of Plone specified in the [versions] constraint in your buildout configuration to match the version required by Senaite (Plone==5.2.9), or update the version of Senaite LIMS that you are trying to install to a version that is compatible with the version of Plone specified in the [versions] constraint in your buildout configuration.

To update the version of Plone specified in the [versions] constraint in your buildout configuration, you can edit the buildout.cfg file in your Senaite LIMS installation directory and change the line under versions = that reads Plone==4.3.19 to Plone==5.2.9.

Alternatively, you can try updating the version of Senaite LIMS that you are trying to install to a version that is compatible with the version of Plone specified in the [versions] constraint in your buildout configuration.

In a addition to the Official Installation Documentation I believe you are following, you can also find information on how to do this here:

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or if there’s anything else I can assist with.

So one problem I ran in too is that /home/senaite/.cache is owned by root, but if root performs a chmod -r 777 on the folder, the installation can proceed. Could your root steps before hand cause this problem?

Furthermore, the python folder needed to be set too /home/senaite/miniconda2/envs/senaite/bin/python .

@wwangwe So one problem that I have now is that when it came to editing the requirements.txt file, I had to comment out the existing line of

-r https://dist.plone.org/release/5.2.9/requirements.txt

Once I ran the
pip install -r requirements.tx
command, all went well.

When it came to running the PYTHONHTTPSVERIFY=0 buildout command, I get:

(senaite) senaite@Senaite:~/senaitelims$ PYTHONHTTPSVERIFY=0 buildout
Getting distribution for 'SoupSieve==1.9.5'.
Got soupsieve 1.9.5.
Getting distribution for 'collective.recipe.backup==4.0'.
Got collective.recipe.backup 4.0.
Getting distribution for 'plone.recipe.unifiedinstaller==5.2.9'.
While:
  Installing.
  Getting section unifiedinstaller.
  Initializing section unifiedinstaller.
  Installing recipe plone.recipe.unifiedinstaller.
  Getting distribution for 'plone.recipe.unifiedinstaller==5.2.9'.
Error: Couldn't find a distribution for 'plone.recipe.unifiedinstaller==5.2.9'.

I can’t seem to find a fix to this last error. Any help would be appreciated.

It looks like you are trying to install the plone.recipe.unifiedinstaller package using the buildout tool, but the installation is failing because it can’t find a distribution for the package.

Try installing the package using pip, the Python package manager, to see if it is available from PyPI:

pip install plone.recipe.unifiedinstaller==5.2.9

When I run that, I get

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement plone.recipe.unifiedinstaller==5.2.9 (from versions: 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.8, 0.9, 4.0a1, 4.0b3, 4.0rc1, 4.1, 4.3b1, 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 5.2b1)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for plone.recipe.unifiedinstaller==5.2.9