Well plating step and worksheet export

Hi,

we’ve a standard 96-well thermocycler in our lab up and running and wish to implement samples plating and worksheet export.

so I’m considering options for how it might be organized.

for now, I’m adding “plating” as a service, add this service to the profile. and capture well-ID as service (test) results to be able to export the worksheet to the instrument.

Does anyone have another implementation or is this one only possible to capture samples positions on the plate?

regards,
–leo

1 Like

I have the exact same question. Would like worksheets to be able to plate samples on 96 well plate and choose position on plate A1-12, B1-B12, C1-C12, etc etc.

Hi @noblelabs ,

we’re working on such kind of a tool for amplification devices. Please have a look at the prototype here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ts1iU5fE84dVecbqSiOH-IB8ywpOSvQU/view

–leo

1 Like

@toropok This looks great! When can we expect this to come out?

1 Like

I know this thread is long dead, but I was also looking for ways to automate plating. I think this idea of making plating steps an analysis services is the most straightforward way to make things work. That way the auto-import of results can be utilized to quickly update samples and their journey through a multi-step analysis pipeline.

Hi Corey,

It’s not dead absolutely, we’ve our first implementation up and run for couple labs. And currently going to rework that again considering current experience.

Understandable, it seems like a large undertaking.

Our lab receives plates and then needs to re-plate them, sometimes multiple times to different plate-formats such as combining four 96 well plates to 384 well plates.

I’ve been working with Senaite for a little over a week now and it seems that with the current system, we could make a “sample transfer to 384 well plate” analysis service. The service can have two results to report for each sample: the barcode of the new plate and the well location.

I’m curious if this is how you or any of your clients might run in production and if there have been any problems resulting from it. Or if you have any experiences with Senaite that we should watch out for if we try something like this.

-Corey

@toropok Would still love to beta this for you. We’re in the US and are constantly doing PCR 96 and 384 plates for various assays. This would be a remarkable improvement to senaite.

Let me know how we can get involved. We’re running the latest senaite docker.

@noblelabs, how are you dealing with sample plates now?

@toropok : Would you be willing to share your code?

Hi, buzz,

yeah, we are planning that, just need to book some time to review code, clean it and refactor.

2 Likes