Installation or obstacle course?

First of all I would like to thank whoever will spend his or her own time helping me.

My name is Fulvio and I start a project to introduce in my laboratory a brand new lims. I saw many lims free and not and Sanaite looks perfect for me.

I tried to install the software following the guide but it seemed like an obstacle course. At first the plone version was not compatible, then other discrepancies between my Python and with solutions found around the net, but now i’m stuck on zc.buildout.

I know that I have to use Python 2 but to go forward on the installation I had to install also Python 3. Is there another more recent installation guide that can help me achieve my goal?

I have a Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS, 64 bit, dedicated only for this purpose.

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/buildout", line 11, in <module>
>     load_entry_point('zc.buildout==2.13.2', 'console_scripts', 'buildout')()
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 490, in load_entry_point
>     return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2854, in load_entry_point
>     return ep.load()
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2445, in load
>     return self.resolve()
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2451, in resolve
>     module = __import__(self.module_name, fromlist=['__name__'], level=0)
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/zc/buildout/buildout.py", line 18, in <module>
>     import zc.buildout.easy_install
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/zc/buildout/easy_install.py", line 21, in <module>
>     import distutils.errors
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'distutils.errors'

Hi @Pulimanti,

I suggest you start the installation process from scratch following the install guide. The only deviation to the instructions will be installing Plone 5.2.6 instead of Plone 4.3.19