Hi, my team is trying to see if we can adapt another LIMS to our system, and would like to know if Senaite is capable of configuring a typical workflow of ours and then, can operate it fully by just making API calls, e.g. after the workflow is configured, our home-made app run our plates through it by making API calls, without requiring the user to log in and interact with the LIMS UI.
Our typical workflow looks like this:
- WorkflowA has 2 steps: StepA and StepB
- User queues 48-well sample plates to StepA, e.g. PlateA, PlateB, PlateC
- StepA is configured to transfers a certain number of samples from queued input containers to one 96-well output container, e.g. transfer 16 samples from PlateA and PlateC to the output 96-well PlateD
- StepA should use certain buffers (reagents) and set certain custom data fields. (Any means that let us collect and save custom data points during step runs are crucial for us.)
- The output plate of StepA (e.g. PlateD) gets queued for StepB.
- StepB should pool every 8 samples from the queued containers to a tube container, e.g. TubeA and TubeB
- StepB should use certain reagents and set certain custom data fields.
- Some tracking files must be attached to StepB.
If Senaite is capable of this, could someone please guide us towards the related documents? I appreciate your help.