OAuth2 Login Integration/Single sign-on with SENAITE lims

Hello team…

I’d like to know whether it is possible with SENAITE lims to enable Single sign-on/OAuth2 and if so how. I’ve been looking already into the pas.plugins.authomatic but not able to integrate it with senaite lims yet. Any thoughts around this is highly appreciated. Thanks.
cc @Espurna, @xispa

I’m trying to get OAuth2 working with Senaite as well. And so far, pas.plugins.authomatic doesn’t seem to work with Python 2 due to usage of f-strings.

And I’m not able to install Senaite with Python 3.

@ruhanga have you made any progress on this?

As soon as I added pas.plugins.authomatic to the eggs in buildout.cfg, I got this error when running bin/instance fg:

File "/workspace/buildout-cache/eggs/cp27mu/pas.plugins.authomatic-1.0b2-py2.7.egg/pas/plugins/authomatic/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
    from pas.plugins.authomatic.plugin import AuthomaticPlugin
zope.configuration.xmlconfig.ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File "/workspace/buildout-cache/eggs/cp27mu/Products.CMFPlone-5.2.6-py2.7.egg/Products/CMFPlone/meta.zcml", line 38.4-42.10
    File "/workspace/lims/parts/instance/etc/site.zcml", line 12.2-12.39
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax
                                                       ^

logger.info(f"New User: {useridentities.userid}")

File "/workspace/buildout-cache/eggs/cp27mu/pas.plugins.authomatic-1.0b2-py2.7.egg/pas/plugins/authomatic/plugin.py", line 129

After fixing the above errors in the python files manually, I ended up getting this error:

File "/workspace/buildout-cache/eggs/cp27mu/zope.schema-6.1.1-py2.7.egg/zope/schema/_bootstrapfields.py", line 300, in validate
    self._validate(value)
  File "/workspace/buildout-cache/eggs/cp27mu/zope.schema-6.1.1-py2.7.egg/zope/schema/_bootstrapfields.py", line 515, in _validate
    super(MinMaxLen, self)._validate(value)
  File "/workspace/buildout-cache/eggs/cp27mu/zope.schema-6.1.1-py2.7.egg/zope/schema/_bootstrapfields.py", line 351, in _validate
    ).with_field_and_value(self, value)
zope.configuration.xmlconfig.ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File "/workspace/buildout-cache/eggs/cp27mu/Products.CMFPlone-5.2.6-py2.7.egg/Products/CMFPlone/meta.zcml", line 38.4-42.10
    File "/workspace/lims/parts/instance/etc/site.zcml", line 12.2-12.39
    WrongType: ('YOEFP4Kc4a', <type 'unicode'>, '')

Not really sure how to debug this.

Hi @sidharthramesh, ftw.oidcauth · PyPI could work for you instead.
cc @enyachoke